Baera Forest prides itself with six trout lakes where three species abound – touladi or lake trout, brook trout and rainbow trout. We also have one pike lake. You can fish beautiful large specimens grown in a natural habitat by lure or fly fishing.
Fishing aficionados can use Baera Forest boats and rent electric or gas motors to move around more freely on Berneuil Lake.
When can I go fishing at Baera Forest?
- Mid-April - Mid-October
- Mid-December - Late March (white fishing)
Do I need to get a fishing permit?
Yes, you must get a fishing permit before your trip. You can get them at Canadian Tire , among other places. Ensure you have a valid fishing permit for everyone on the trip ahead of time.
Our fishing stays rates
- Free for children of 11 years old or younger
- Adults and children aged 12 to 15: see the reservation calendar (price per person per night)
- Minimum of 2 nights for 2 people
- Provincial licence – fishing permit not included
Off-grid cottages and cabins
- Le Héron Cottage (lodges up to 11 people) on the edge of Berneuil Lake
- Le Huard Cottage (lodges up to 4 people) on the edge of Berneuil Lake
- Le Grand Pin Cottage (lodges up to 8 people) on the edge of Berneuil Lake
- Le Ruisseau Cottage (lodges up to 6 people) on the edge of Murphy Creek
- Le Renard Cabin (lodges up to 6 people) in the heart of Baera Forest
- Le Panache Cabin (lodges up to 6 people) in the heart of Baera Forest
- Le Guide Cabin (lodges up to 4 people) with access Berneuil Lake